Are you looking for a way to get started on your fitness journey? Shape Up is the perfect place to start! With an easy to follow plan and comprehensive health and wellness advice, anyone can get into shape and start feeling their best. Let’s take a look at the basics of Shape Up and what you can do to get the most out of it.
1. Take the First Step: Get Ready to Shape Up!
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the thought of getting into better shape? No need to stress any longer! You can start right away, simply by taking that little initial step. Here’s how:
- Set realistic goals. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Set incremental goals and celebrate each success along your journey.
- Visit the doctor. Discuss any changes you’ll be making to your lifestyle with your trusted GP, and they can provide support and advice to get you started.
- Do your research. Who are the top trainers and coaches? What fitness trends should you be aware of? Get the lowdown on what it takes to reach your own personal peak.
It can seem daunting to begin, but don’t get disheartened. You have the power to reach your fitness goals – you just need to take the first step. Channel your inner superhero and take the plunge by doing your preparation. In no time, you’ll be sprinting towards success!
2. Hitting the Ground Running: An Introduction to Exercise
Exercise is often thought of as a daunting task, but the truth is that there are so many wonderful benefits to be gained from engaging in regular physical activity. From improved self-confidence and weight loss to altered metabolism and increased strength, the list of advantages gained from exercise can go on and on.
Now, you may be wondering how to get started. Fortunately, there are quite a few easy-to-follow routes you can take in order to become an active exerciser. First and foremost, it is important to choose an activity that you actually enjoy doing. Whether it is jogging around your neighborhood, weight lifting in a gym, or playing a sport with friends, the important thing is that you are doing something that you will be able to stick with.
- Set Goals: Having a goal to strive for can be a great motivator and can keep you on track with your exercise routine.
- Stay Hydrated: Always remember to keep yourself hydrated during any exercise session.
- Practice Proper Form: Proper form is essential in order to ensure that you are engaging the right muscles and also to reduce the chance of injury.
And, most of all, have fun. Don’t forget that exercise is about taking care of the body that you’ve been given. And, once you’ve established a consistent routine, you’re going to look and feel better than ever!
3. Starting Small: Planning Out Your Workout
When it comes to fitness, starting small is the best way to success. Whether you’re brand new to exercise or just feeling a bit rusty, focusing on one exercise or type of workout at a time will ensure you feel comfortable and enthusiastic about your journey every step of the way. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Set achievable goals. Start off with something attainable and work up from there. Celebrate each improvement you make, no matter how small.
- Know your body. Identify which activities suit your level of fitness, preferences, and lifestyle.
- Be kind to yourself. Fitness is a journey, and improvement takes time. Have patience with yourself and your body, and you’re sure to see results.
Once you identify a type of workout you’d like to do, create a plan with manageable workouts and rest days. Schedule it into your weekly routine and stick with it to see real progression in your performance and energy levels. After a few weeks, gradually build up intensity until reaching the point where pushing yourself to your limits ultimately feels fantastic.
4. Making it Stick: Ways to Keep Motivated
Motivation can be a tricky thing to hold on to, but if you’ve taken the time to determine what it is you want out of your goals, you’re already on the right track. To stay that way, there are a few things you can do.
Set rewards – Rewarding yourself for meeting goals or performing well can be a great source of motivation. Whether small or big, these rewards can end up feeling like a way to remind yourself that hard work does pay off!
- Set a small reward that you can celebrate each week – it could be a date night, a new item of clothing, or a movie night at home.
- Bigger rewards can be more long-term or milestone-based, like a weekend away or a spa trip.
Create inspiring visuals – Gather inspiring images, quotes, and even music that remind you of what your goal is and why you’re working towards it. Maybe it’s pictures of your dream home, images that remind you of courage, or words that fill your heart with hope. You can create a physical or digital scrapbook, or just write it down in a journal.
- Choose inspiring visuals that remind you of where you want to be and why.
- Keep it visible – you can hang pictures on your wall or have your screensaver filled with motivational words.
Q: What kind of workout can I do to help me “shape up”?
A: There is no “one-size-fits-all” when it comes to working out. To help you get started, try picking an activity that you enjoy, one that you can stick to and that fits within your schedule. Choices can range from running and yoga to weight training and pilates. It’s important to pick something that you find motivating and enjoyable, so you can stay motivated and engaged.
Q: How often should I be working out to achieve results?
A: To experience the full benefits of physical activity, experts recommend incorporating it into your daily life. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week. This doesn’t have to occur all at once. You can break up your workout into smaller blocks of time throughout the day.
Q: What are some tips to staying motivated and on track while “shaping up”?
A: If you’re looking to stay consistent with your workout regimen, it’s best to establish specific goals and track progress. Consider setting daily or weekly goals that are achievable and realistic, and be sure to reward yourself for reaching them. Additionally, having a workout buddy or joining a fitness class can be very helpful in staying motivated. Use social media or online support groups to have a larger network of encouragement to help you stay on track.
Shape Up: Starting Your Workout has given you the tools to help you on your journey to physical fitness. It can be daunting at first, but with a few simple steps and commitment you can reap the health and emotional rewards that come along with an active lifestyle. With some effort, dedication and patience, you’ll find that achieving your goals can be an incredibly rewarding experience. So whatever your fitness goals may be, remember that making just one small change today will bring you closer to a healthier and happier tomorrow.